Uchee Pines Institute is a not-for-profit corporation established by Seventh-day Adventists for the purpose of promoting comprehensive health—through education, media & product development, humanitarian services, and the use of natural remedies—to support the mission of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
Are you interested in working for God and joining the team at Uchee Pines Institute?
Available Positions (subject to change)
- Maintenance Technician (skilled in a variety of areas including general maintenance, general AC maintenance, plumbing, carpentry, and electrical work)
- Cooks/Kitchen Assistants
- Store Clerk
- Auto Mechanic
- Experienced Radio Station Manager
- Wholehearted devotion to Jesus Christ as Savior, Lord, and Friend, with a chosen lifestyle of personal prayer, Bible study, obedience, and Christian service.
- Loyal support for the ideals, teachings, and organization of the Seventh-day Adventist Church through talents, influence, tithes, and offerings.
- Dedication to excellence in work and the responsibilities in my hands.
- Respect for one’s body as the temple of God and determined abstention from alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, and other harmful substances.
- Purity of heart, which refrains from the exploitation of others sexually or emotionally, as well as from premarital and/or extramarital sexual activity and/or other impure practices.
- Appreciation for those forms of recreation, which encourage a deeper love for our Creator, such as walking in nature, hiking, gardening, and camping.
- The highest ethical values, including transparent honesty in all situations, personal integrity, and fidelity to principle.
- Commitment to unity and cooperation while part of our campus family, through the subordination of personal desires to the needs and schedules of others.
Industry Internship Opportunities
Uchee Pines offers internship opportunities in several areas.
You can learn Building Construction, and assist in building a house from the ground up–including siding, framing, drywall, roofing, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, insulation, cabinetry, finish work, painting, and flooring installation. No previous experience is required. Room and board on Uchee Pines campus will be supplied for the duration of the internship. Duration: 12 months.
Farming and Agriculture
You can learn Farming and Agriculture, including seasonal planting and harvesting, planting schematics, soil testing and preparation, cover crops, seedlings, pruning, cultivating, composting, crop storage, orcharding, irrigation set-up and removal, financial management, equipment maintenance, and record-keeping. No previous experience is required. Room and board on Uchee Pines campus will be supplied for the duration of the internship. Duration: 12 months.
Retail Store and Restaurant Management
You can learn Retail Store and Restaurant Management, including standard operating procedures, purchasing, merchandising, inventory, profit and loss, customer service, non-profit advertising and promotion, staff supervision, food safety certification, and menu creation. No previous experience is required. Room and board on Uchee Pines campus will be supplied for the duration of the internship. Duration: 12 months.
The Industry Internships include room, board, and tuition for the entire period of training, in exchange for your service as an Intern. A small monthly allowance is given to Interns for the duration of the internship to help cover basic needs.
Interns are residents in the dormitory and are subject to the dorm guidelines.